Tuesday, February 4, 2014

January Reading Summary

It's possible that January 2014 was my best month ever for reading. Just for kicks and giggles, here's an amateurish little visual breakdown:


I must say that I am absurdly proud of the amount of nonfiction I read. I'm not normally a huge reader of NF but I found lots this month that interested me and I tore through them. Also, of the 10 audio books I read, only 3 were fiction. For me, the best way to get through nonfiction is to turn on an audiobook and start cleaning my house. I find history or political theory significantly more interesting when someone is reading it to me while I scrub my stove top.

If I had to choose only ONE fiction book to recommend from my January reading it would probably be The Girl of Fire and Thorns by Rae Carson. It's so fantastically well written while also being entertaining and empowering.

If I had to pick ONE nonfiction book it would be Half the Sky by Nicholas D. Kristof and Sheryl Wudunn. That book was life-changing. I think it should be required reading.

No comments: